Including quick and easy dinner recipes, a Paleo shopping list, a guide to portion sizes, and more.
1. For eating your fill of fruit.
You know you’re supposed to be eating a few servings of fruit every day… but how much fruit makes one serving? Now you know, thanks to PopSugar.
2. For dinners that are healthy AND quick.
Read more about what makes these stupid easy meals so healthy here: What Nutritionists Eat When They Only Have 5 Minutes to Prep a Meal, via Women’s Health.
3. For when you’re trying to eat Paleo.
Read our Ultimate Guide to Paleo for more tips and tricks on how to make it work for you.
4. For picking the perfect avocado.
Because no one likes a rotten avocado. Get more details here, at Northwest Edible Life.
5. For blending the smoothie of your dreams.
Smoothies can make great healthy breakfasts (that also taste amazing). Read more about it (and all about the health benefits of bananas) at Lexi’s Clean Kitchen.
6. For smoothies that are even simpler.
Three-ingredient smoothies? Doesn’t get much easier than that. And here are 8 MORE healthy smoothies that only use three ingredients. SO MANY SMOOTHIES.
7. For packing the perfect Mason jar salad.
Get the recipe here. And for more like this, check out 18 Mason Jar Salads That Make Perfect Healthy Lunches.
8. For brewing an excellent cup of tea.
Learn more about the different types of teas here.
9. For making yummy, healthy soups.
These soups all use the same basic recipe. Check out more information at All Souped Up, via Shape.
10. For a super simple DIY salad dressing.
Kath from KathEats.com is a registered dietician and really knows her stuff. Check out her post DIY Salad Dressing for the complete recipe (and some yummy-looking salads).
11. For when you’re cooking healthy for one.
No more sad frozen dinners for you. You can totally cook and eat healthy all on your own. Read all about it at The Ultimate Healthy Grocery List When You’re Cooking for One, via Greatist.
12. For making all the healthiest grains.
Branch out from your standard brown rice and quinoa and try some other grains this year too. Check out more great tips at How to Cook Grains at PopSugar.
13. For estimating portion sizes.
It’s hard to measure out a half-cup of this or three ounces of that. Make it easy by using your hand as a guide.
14. For vegetarians who want some more protein.
Get more information, and tons of good recipes, at 12 Complete Proteins Vegetarians Need to Know About, via Greatist.
15. For spotting added sugar in your food.
Most Americans eat way too much added sugar (between two and three times the recommended amount!). One way to cut back is to read ingredient lists and look for any of these words. Get more information at 56 Different Names for Sugar, viaWomen’s Health.
16. For getting your nuts straight.
Nuts can make a great healthy snack. Pack little baggies to bring to work with you every day.
17. For choosing the best veggies.
Don’t get it twisted: Adding any vegetables to your life where they didn’t exist before is a step in the right direction. But if you’re looking for the absolute most nutritious of the healthy foods, this chart can help.
18. For more exciting hummus flavors.
Learn all the great things about hummus at 13 Different Ways to Make Hummus, via Shape.
19. For marinating your meat just the way you like it.
Cooking your own food is usually healthier than eating out, and making tasty food will make you want to do that more. From How to Marinate and Make Better Food.
20. For healthy recipe substitutions.
Check out 83 Healthy Recipe Substitutions at Greatist for even more awesome swaps.
21. For when you’re tired of eating the same old salad.
Read more at Salads That’ll Make You Love Lunch Again, via Prevention.
22. For eating all your vitamins.
Gotta catch ‘em all.
23. For remembering all your superfoods.
Find out what they all are here, at The Healthiest Superfoods, A – Z, via Greatist.
24. For how to store all your healthy foods.
It’s hard to eat clean when your food is spoiled. Keep it fresh and safe with this chart.
Source: Buzz Feed
1,288 total views, 2 views today
Leave a Reply